I grew up with these Finnish Prune Tarts and love them.
I am of Finnish descent on my mother’s side. Her father came over from Finland when he was 16, later met and married my grandmother – also Finnish. Grandma always made us Finnish yogurt, and flat bread. Yummy!!!
There are many variations on the ingredients for Finnish prune tarts, but this one comes about as close to Mother’s as I can find. I think she only used sugar with the prunes, but you can add the spices if you like.
Now, if you don’t care for prunes, you can use any other fruit that you like. These would be good done with apricots.
There are many Finnish informational cookbooks to look at. I have not read all of these myself, but there are many out there that I would love to get!
Finnish Tarts: Interesting Reading:
- A Finnish Christmas Cookbook
- Around The World Super Most Delicious Finnish Recipes Cookbook
- Finnish Cookbook (The Crown Cookbook Series)
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Serving Spatula
- Airbake Ultra by T-fal 08620PA T492AWA2 2-Piece Insulated Large Cookie Sheet Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set with Recipe Booklet, Silver
<=== Follow Us Here